Manufactured in Turkey, the ULTRA Chain Grab is a unique design that allows it to be easily attached or removed from a taut chain rode.
Eliminate the stress of a loaded anchor chain on your windlass, and the creaking sound of an anchor chain on your bow roller. ULTRA Chain Grab eliminates these concerns by transferring chain pressure from the windlass to the mooring cleat. Using ULTRA Chain grab also gives you the opportunity to fix problems on the windlass while your boat is on anchor.
The ULTRA Chain Grab is made of 316L stainless steel. Its spherical head hooks onto the anchor chain, and stays attached as the anchor chain is lowered into the sea. There is no need to lean over the pulpit to attach the chain grab as with some of our competitors.
By its special projected form, it can be easily attached or removed from the loaded and stretched chain.
The ULTRA Chain Grab is sized based on the thickness of your anchor chain.
A completely a unique design bringing you the following advantages
(According to testimonies given by users).
- Protects windlass from constant chain pull.
- Eliminates anchor chain noise so crew won't be disturbed.
- Easily attaches to a loaded anchor chain.
- Automatically disengages from chain upon retrieval.
- Constructed of 316L stainless steel – highly rust resistant.
- Enhances safety – reduces time on deck.
Using ULTRA Cain Grab is really a simple task.
If your boat is on anchor and you tend to stay a bit longer, it would be a great idea to stop your chain.
To be able to do this:
- The crack part on spherical headed hook is brought to a link of the chain. While you are doing this holding the rope on the spherical head to one side would help you. That means while you are attaching your chain grab if you do not overlap the rope exactly to the chain, it would be attached easily.
- By holding the rope gently in your hand, lean out the chain and the spherical head to the sea for a little.
- Tie the back part of the rope to the mooring cleat or before doing that it would be a better idea to make an eye to this tip and using this eye for tying to mooring cleat.
- After the spherical head and chain take the load, please lean out the chain as much as the rope would not be stretched.
- For places where the rope might rob itself strongly, you would use dustcloth to wrap up the rope.
Difference from others :
ULTRA Chain Grab is completely a unique design bringing you below advantages;
- It is easily attached and unattached from the loaded and stretched chain.
- It does not come off by itself due to adjusted size of its spherical head hook.
- It is totally rounded and unprojecting that ULTRA Chain Grab passes from head pulley easily with chain without causing any damages.
- It is strong. It does not deform easily because of its spherical form and it is made of AISI 316 stainless steel.