- (According to testimonies given by users)
- Connects chain and anchor easily.
- Bearing strength is higher than the chain.
- Spherical jointed to every direction.
- Pass over the pulley easily due to it is not projecting.
- It is not casted therefore it is not fragile.
- Made of 316 quality massive stainless steel in one peace by processing.
* One Piece Body: Fabricated (not cast) one piece body ensures maximum strength. It is suitable to be used with most anchor types.
* One Piece Head: Fabricated (not cast) one piece swivel head (which includes the semi spherical ball) ensures maximum strength.
* Semi Spherical Ball: Self cleaning and allows 360 degree swivel.
* Hexagonal Head Bolts: Ensures locking bolt cannot release unintentionally.
* TEFLON* O-Ring: Our internal TEFLON* O-Ring stops metal friction occurring when under load providing low resistance and smooth operation.
* Flip Nub: If the anchor is recovered up-side down the flip nub will assist the anchor to correctly right itself onto the roller.
* Rounded Corners: Reduces potential damage to contacted surfaces.
* Throat Opening: The opening is specially suited to the chain size.
* Specifications: The swivel’s connectable max. anchor weight, chain size and breaking strength is recorded on the rear side of the swivel.
* Warranty: All ULTRA Swivels are supplied with a standard five year warranty.
- ULTRA Flip Swivels are designed to work for many years without maintenance. However, given its importance within your anchoring system and for the safety of the vessel and its crew, we recommend as below.
- Your ULTRA Flip Swivel needs to be inspected visually at least once per year (and more often if the anchor is in constant use). Look to see that the setscrews are still tight, and the pins firmly in there rebated sockets.
- If the ball joint covered by mineral, applying water resist lithium based grease, relaxes its functionality.
- It is normal to see some scars on the neck of your ULTRA Flip Swivel made by the flipping nub. These scars take place when the nub forces the anchor rotate to the proper position/orientation – evidence that your ULTRA Flip Swivel is performing its role. This is only an aesthetic scar. However, these scars shouldn’t increase over time. If the surface diameter under the scars is smaller than the diameter at where the neck and body combine, the swivel needs to be replaced. Otherwise continuation of this situation may cause a swivel failure.
Possible reasons of such a situation :
- Swivel is used together with an anchor heavier than its maximum anchor weight limitation in other words, using smaller swivel than the recommended one.
- Smaller swivel is used together with higher grade chain having higher breaking load than the swivel. In this case as the small swivel will work together with higher loads it will have exessive wear. A swivel with higher breaking load than the chain
connected has to be selected.
- Too narrow rollers blocking the anchor from sides and does not let the anchor turn the right way up on the bow roller.
- Rollers having special chain channels. These channels can block the anchor from sides once it is about to turn the right way up. They have more disadvantages against their advantages.
- Using too fast recovery speed. It does not give enough time to anchor turn the right way up on the bow roller and it forces the swivel extremely. To not let this happen wait for 1 second as the anchor touches the bow roller. After the anchor turns slowly you can recover it totally without forcing the swivel extremely.
IMPORTANT NOTES :
- You have to pay attention to all above warnings. Otherwise, you might endanger your life and boat in time. For such
situation the manufacturer and sellers of the ULTRA Flip Swivel are exclusion of liability.
- Once above warnings are not taken in consideration, ULTRA Flip Swivel is void of warranty.